President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday named former Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Martin Luther Agwai, as chairman of the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme (Sure-P) effectively replacing Dr Christopher Kolade, who resigned from the position last year due to old age.
In a statement by presidential spokesman, Dr. Reuben Abati, two new Special Advisers to the president, Mrs Fidelia Njeze, who until her appointment was Nigeria’s ambassador to Switzerland, and Senator Suleiman Makanjuola Ajadi (Kwara South Senatorial District 1999 – 2003, ANPP), were also named.
Abati’s statement reads, “In furtherance of efforts to continually strengthen his administration on all fronts, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has approved the following appointments to fill existing vacancies:
1. Gen. Martin Luther Agwai – Chairman of SURE-P
2. Mrs. Tanwa Olusi – Deputy Chairman of SURE-P
3. Mrs. Fidelia Njeze – Special Adviser (NEPAD)
4. Senator Suleiman M. Ajadi – Special Adviser (NASS)
5. Mr. Sola Omole – DG, NTA
6. Alhaji Ladan Salihu – DG, FRCN
7. Mr. Ima Niboro – MD, News Agency of Nigeria
Gen. Martin Agwai (rtd.) was until now the Deputy Chairman and Acting Chairman of SURE-P while Mrs. Njeze is the current Nigerian Ambassador to Switzerland.
All the appointments are with immediate effect.”