5 dead, 20 injured in Kano suicide bomb attack

0
375

 

The bars in Sabon Gari have been attacked several times in recent years. Courtesy: BBC
The bars in Sabon Gari have been attacked several times in recent years. Courtesy: BBC

The Kano State Police Command has confirmed five people dead in a suspected suicide bombing on Sunday at about 10:00 pm. 


Police spokesman, ASP Magaji Majiya, gave the confirmation in a statement issued to newsmen on Monday, saying that the number of those injured could not be ascertained.


He however said that five people including the suicide bomber were killed in the incident which occurred at Middle Road by Gold Coast in Sabon Gari area.


The statement further added that the Police Commissioner and other security agencies visited the scene of the blast on Sunday.


The bomb disposal unit of the Nigeria Police Force was quickly mobilised to the area which was swept immediately and corpses were removed to morgue.


The Police however assured that normalcy had been restored to the scene as security agents had taken over the scene and investigation had since begun.


An eye witness living close to the area where the bomb blasted that pleaded anonymity, said about 20 people were injured and taken to various hospitals.

Advertisements
READ  Buhari announces plans to boost Nigeria's self-reliance in military weapons

Your comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.